Taking the time to ensure your home is in good condition before listing it can make all the difference in attracting potential buyers and securing a successful sale.
At Town & Parish Realty, we understand that getting your home ready for sale can be overwhelming, which is why we suggest pre-market inspections to identify any issues that need to be addressed. If you haven’t had an inspection done yet and have been experiencing problems with appliances or other areas of your home, it’s important to let us know so we can arrange for repairs before listing your property.
Why should you take care of repairs Ahead of Time?
It’s simple. Addressing any necessary repairs prior to listing your home can save you time, money, and potential headaches during the sales process. By fixing any problems beforehand, you’ll avoid having them show up on an inspection report later on, which could potentially scare off buyers.
We will help you work with affordable repair people, electricians, handymen, and more who can take care of any necessary repairs quickly and efficiently. We’re even happy to oversee repair appointments at your home if needed.
Here are some general Repairs Before Listing recommendations we suggest when preparing your home for sale:
- Fix any leaks or water damage
- Repair or replace any broken windows or doors
- Address any electrical issues, such as faulty wiring or outdated outlets
- Have HVAC system serviced by professional company and make sure it’s in good working condition
- Patch up any holes or cracks in the walls and ceilings
- Replace any damaged flooring or carpeting
- Update outdated fixtures, such as light switches and faucets
- Give the interior and exterior a fresh coat of paint if needed
- Clean gutters and downspouts to prevent drainage problems
- Replace any old appliances that may be nearing the end of their lifespan
- Install new caulk around every shower and tub
- Steam clean carpets through a company such as Stanley Steemer
- Ensure all light bulbs are working properly
- Repair broken window screens at your local Hardware Store
- Test/Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Repair damaged or missing roof shingles
By following these tips, you’ll give yourself the best chance of selling your home quickly and at a desirable price. We also recommend checking out our list of recommended service providers, such as handyman services, appliance repair people, etc., which can be found by clicking here.
In conclusion, preparing your home ready for sale may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. By addressing any repairs before listing and following our simple recommendations, you’ll increase the chances of attracting potential buyers while also making the sales process smoother overall.