Do you know what curb appeal is?
Don’t be embarrassed if you have ever had to ask the question, “What is curb appeal“? The dictionary defines it as the attractiveness of property for sale and its surroundings when viewed from the street.
“landscaping, the front entrance, and the condition of the paint or siding are the biggest factors in curb appeal.”
It’s essential when selling your home.
Curb appeal is the first chance you have to impress your prospective buyers when they come for their viewing. If they pull up and don’t have a good first impression, that feeling will stay with them while they tour the inside. We see so many houses that are fantastic on the inside yet lack curb appeal on the outside. Most people spend all of their time freshening up the interior of their home and forget about the outside. That may mean having to delay putting your home on the market a few days, but spend some time sprucing up the exterior.
Here are a few curb appeal tips:
1. Pressure wash brick/siding
2. Clean out and secure gutters.
3. Replace any rotten soffits or fascia boards.
4. Touch up or repaint if necessary.
5. Make sure the front door is freshly painted/stained and replace the hardware if it is old and worn.
6. Weed the flower beds and spread a new layer of mulch.
7. Trim up the dead ends on plants.
8. Plant some fresh flowers of some color.
If you have a front porch, set up a small bistro set or a rocking chair with some colorful pillows. Make it space the prospective buyer can see themselves enjoying a beautiful afternoon with a glass of wine or some cold sweet tea!
Trust us, having great curb appeal will increase your chances of an offer closer to your asking price!
Leave a Reply