A lot of us find ourselves
stuck safely at home right now. It’s a natural time for us to do the annual Spring cleaning. How do you handle Spring cleaning during COVID-19?
I am sure that most of you have already done the disinfecting of surfaces like tubs, toilets, countertops, knobs, and handles. Rightfully so, disinfecting is what is at the forefront of everyone’s minds right now.
Spring not only brings the hope of new beginnings, but it also brings the pollen that covers everything when those new beginnings burst open. Your cars are probably a nice shade of yellowish-green especially if you haven’t driven anywhere in a few days. That pollen somehow always finds its way into the house.
We have put together a checklist to help you with your Spring Cleaning During COVID-19.
- Use a damp rag to wash down the baseboards, window sills, doors and walls.
- Vacuum and wash the air vents.
- Wash or dry-clean the window treatments (drapes, curtains, etc).
- Dust the blinds – Dust and pollen LOVE to hang out on the blinds. UGH!
- Wash the windows inside and out. (Enjoy the sunshine for a bit)
- Dust and polish overhead lights. Replace burnt light bulbs.
- Dust and/or vacuum light fixtures and lampshades. Next to blinds, lampshades love to collect dust as well!
- Move the fridge and vacuum or mop behind it.
- Vacuum the coils on the fridge. This will help extend the life span of your fridge. None of us needs to be spending money on new appliances right now!
- Dust and wash any and all mirrors, frames, and decorative items. Now would be a good time to decide which of these nick-nacks can be placed into a donation basket!
- Vacuum ALL upholstery. You will be astonished at how much dust the upholstery hoards.
- Wash all throw pillows and blankets. Use the steam option or a handheld steamer if you have one.
- Dust and polish the furniture. You have probably already done this but dang, it keeps coming back!
- Wash all bedding. You have probably already done this as well but man, some clean bedding is like heaven after a long day at home with Zoom calls and dealing with the family.
- Flip your mattress or rotate it if you have a pillowtop. Extend the life of those mattresses!
- Change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors if you didn’t do that during the time change.
- Check the expiration date on the fire extinguisher in your kitchen. Wait? You don’t have one? Order one STAT!
Spring cleaning during COVID-19 can be done while you are
stuck safely at home and don’t require any special equipment or supplies. Get the family involved. Have races to see who can finish the fastest or do the best job. Then sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor.