Baton Rouge is full of hidden gems waiting to be discovered! From the exotic wildlife of the Baton Rouge Zoo to the picturesque downtown area along the Mississippi River, there’s something unique and exciting in every corner of this vibrant city. Take a tour through our lively international food scene, or explore the lush outdoors on one of our many peaceful trails and parks. In Baton Rouge, you’re sure to find hidden gems around every corner – perfect for those who like to adventure or sit back and relax.
- Old Arsenal Park – An unexpected oasis in downtown Baton Rouge, this park boasts an expansive green space. Visit the Historic Third Street District in Baton Rouge and enjoy an afternoon at Arsenal Park. Let the kids run around and explore while you take a break on a bench under a shady tree overlooking Capitol Lake. Take your time to enjoy the well-maintained paths and learn about the trees identified with plaques.
- City-Brooks Community Park – An urban oasis offering various recreational activities for all ages. The park features a modern splash pad, a spacious dog park, bank fishing in the 50-acre lake, a 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, and even a challenging labyrinth. There’s something for everyone!
- Louisiana State Capitol Building – The Louisiana State Capitol Building is one of the largest in the nation, and it’s a sight to behold. On the 27th floor, visitors can take in breathtaking views of Baton Rouge from the Observation Deck, 350 feet above the city. The gardens surrounding this historic building are also something to marvel at. Of course, the discussion of this site would only be complete by mentioning Huey P. Long, who built the Capitol in 1932 before being assassinated here three years later. His statue faces the Capitol in his honor, and he is buried onsite as well.
- Manship Theatre – a stunning entertainment hub located in downtown Baton Rouge. This state-of-the-art venue features top-of-the-line acoustics, concert lighting, and the largest cinema screen in Louisiana, making it perfect for film screenings, live performances, concerts, and more. The theatre also houses a permanent collection of artwork exhibited throughout its lobby and hallways. Whether you’re an avid moviegoer or looking to see a live show in town – the Manship Theatre is sure to provide an unforgettable experience!
- Shaw Center for the Arts – An awe-inspiring destination for culture and creativity in downtown Baton Rouge. From watching movies, listening to music, and seeing dramas at The Manship Theatre, admiring artwork at the LSU Museum of Art and Glassell Gallery, or hosting a special event at the River Terrace – this sprawling facility offers something for everyone. With its breathtaking views of the Mississippi River, the Shaw Center for the Arts makes it easy to create lasting memories with family and friends.
- USS Kidd Museum & Memorial Park – One-of-a-kind museum is located on the banks of the Mississippi River and offers visitors a rare glimpse into naval history. The interactive exhibits detail the legacy of the USS Kidd and its involvement in World War II. At the same time, the memorial park honors those who served on board with inspiring sculptures, plaques, and tributes. Whether you’re mesmerized by naval artifacts or captivated by stories of heroism, a visit to the USS Kidd Museum & Memorial Park guarantees an unforgettable experience!
- Tiger Stadium – Home to LSU’s legendary Tiger football team since 1925, LSU’s stadium is also a popular spot for concerts and other events throughout the year! While visiting LSU Tiger Stadium, remember to make time for a trip to Mike The Tiger’s habitat! This naturalistic enclosure allows visitors an up-close look at the school’s beloved mascot. Here, you can observe Mike The Tiger as he roams or rests in his lush kingdom – an experience that will surely be remembered!
- L’Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge – The perfect destination for a night of thrilling entertainment and luxurious amenities. With over 75,000 square feet of casino floor, you can explore the latest games from around the world with exciting jackpots and chances to win big. Other features include an array of delicious restaurants and bars, a sprawling pool deck complete with cabanas and firepits, as well as their luxurious spa where you can relax and recharge.
- Baton Rouge Zoo – you can explore the African Plains Exhibit, which features giraffes, zebras, ostriches, and lemurs. There are also habitats devoted to Australian and North American animals and a reptile house with all sorts of fascinating creatures. Plus, participate in interactive programs such as animal training sessions or wildlife encounters. With over 2000 animals from 500 different species, you will surely discover something new every time you visit!
- LSU Botanic Gardens – Take a peaceful stroll and escape into nature, explore a variety of lush plants and flowers, with sculptures and art installations interspersed among the foliage. Enjoy educational lectures and workshops to learn about each species and their habitats.
Whether you’ve been here for years or are just visiting for the first time, take your time and explore all this vibrant city has to offer!
Want to live near one of these hidden gems? Contact Us, and let us help you find a home.