Before hiring a REALTOR® to sell your home, it’s crucial to ask the right questions. Selling a home can be daunting, but with the right REALTOR® by your side, the process can be made easier. Below, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive list of questions to ask before hiring a REALTOR®.
- What do you know about this area?
- Are you a full-time REALTOR®?
- How long have you been in real estate?
- How many clients have you worked with this year?
- What is your average Days on Market?
- What is your average list-to-sales price ratio?
- What areas do you primarily work?
- How will you price my home, and what factors will you consider?
- How do you negotiate deals?
- How often will we communicate during the selling process?
- What is your marketing strategy for selling my home?
- How do you feel about dual agency?
- Do you attend the closing?
- What happens if my home doesn’t sell within the expected timeframe?
- Will you be handling all aspects of the sale, or will someone else be involved?
- What qualities differentiate you from other REALTORS® in the area?
- Are there any fees or costs I should be aware of before signing with you?
- Can you provide references from previous clients?
By asking these questions, you’ll be able to find an experienced and trustworthy REALTOR® who will work hard to get you the best possible outcome for your sale.