At this point, you are probably excited and full of optimism, and soon we will be doing showings. Now comes the essential step: finding the right home. How will you find your dream home? You should already be set up on an MLS search via our website and receiving those MLS results regularly.
When you receive the MLS email, we need you to:
- Check the MLS email daily and review the properties we sent you that day. Click the heart button to save the properties you may be interested in. We will be able to see those saved properties on our backend, and this will make it easier for us to communicate.
- If there is a list of homes you would like to see, send us an email with your preferred date/time. If there is only one home, you can fill out the ‘Request A Showing’ form on the webpage.
- Once we receive your request, we will set up the showings. After we have confirmation, we will email you where and when we are meeting.
- Remember to wear comfortable slip-on shoes for showings because sometimes we will need to remove them at each property, especially if the weather is unfavorable.
- We will email you the MLS listing sheets ahead of time so you can look at them on your phone during the showing so no need for you to bring anything other than snacks or drinks if you think you will need them.
While you are looking at the MLS feeds we email you each day, we will also be networking our contacts to find you homes before they go on the market.
Other Online Portals
You should not need to continue looking on other sites, such as Zillow, Trulia, etc., as all those properties should show up in your MLS feed. If one isn’t for some reason, let us know so we can tweak the search parameters of your MLS feed.
For Sale Signs
Sometimes buyers like to drive around and see if they can find their dream home that way. If you are out and about and see a FSBO, get the number off the sign and send it with the address to us. Let us make contact with the seller. 99% of the time, the seller of a FSBO will work with us and allow us to represent you. If you contact them first, chances are they will not allow us to intervene.
The same goes for real estate signs in yards, send us the address, and we will check it out for you and adjust our search if needed. Often, the house will be under contract, and the agent leaves the sign up to collect new buyer leads.
If you ever find yourself in a conversation with another real estate agent, let them know you are working with us. They should ask you if you have representation already, but sometimes they forget!